Saturday, June 22, 2013

Morton Miscellany

I've got the Morton family on the brain today...

First, Happy Birthday to my favorite son-in-law, Barry Morton. Okay, he's my ONLY son-in-law, but happy birthday anyway. Barry is a great guy. I couldn't ask for a better husband for my daughter or a better father for my grandchildren. He is a blessing to our family and I'm grateful for him.

Next, we're on BABY WATCH! Our daughter Jessi Morton is very pregnant and about to pop. She's due July 4th, but we're guessing baby Morton could decide to show up any time. Jessi has been experiencing sporadic contractions and even took a trip to the hospital last week which turned out to be a false alarm. There are only 12 days until the due date... I'm predicting an early arrival, but I've been wrong before.

Finally, Sveta. As if she hasn't had enough change in her short little life, the arrival of the baby will once again bring about more change. She'll do great though. She's going to make a wonderful big sister and will be a big help to her momma when the baby comes. I'm also thinking of Sveta today because of my tomato plants. Why? Well, last year I learned she loves tomatoes. At her other grandparents' house she would pick grape tomatoes and eat them right off the vine. That's all I needed to hear. I planted some grape tomatoes in my EarthBox this year. They are coming along nicely and I can't wait until she picks one of my tomatoes and pops it in her mouth. It sure makes me glad I don't use pesticides :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment