Monday, June 17, 2013

Deeply Blessed

I always know that I am blessed. God blesses me in many ways I'm aware of and also many ways I don't even realize. This was completely clear this week. Consider the timing of Maria's death. Tami had already scheduled a few days off work and I had just finished school for the year. If she had died at any other time, I probably wouldn't have been able to accompany Tami on the trip. Consider the seamless and flawless travel plans to and from Phoenix and to and from San Diego. Travel mercies were granted in great abundance. Aside from the sadness and stress of dealing with the death of a family member, everything else went very, very well. This can only be for one reason... prayer. My own and prayer and the prayers of my friends and family.

I also got to celebrate Fathers Day a day late. Yesterday, all 3 kids called to wish me a happy Fathers Day. Today we went to lunch with Michael and Abby. Tomorrow we have dinner with Jessi and Sveta. All this brings to mind how utterly and completely blessed I am. I have a loving wife, three amazing children, a super son-in-law, an adorable granddaughter and another grandchild due to arrive in the next few weeks. I am a man deeply blessed and I know it.

Sole Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment