Thursday, June 13, 2013

Heading West

As you know, we are in Phoenix, Arizona. Today we have decided to head west. Yes, west. But home is east, you might be saying. True, but Tami and I have decided to head to San Diego, California for a few days. Most of you are probably thinking the Meyers have finally and officially lost their ever-lovin' minds. Allow me to explain. Once you hear my explanation, you may think differently.

We have been here since Saturday. Tim has expressed great appreciation at our being here and I feel we have been a help and a comfort to him in our 5 days here. Tim has also said as much. Also, we are in Phoenix during the hottest time of year. Yesterday the temperature was 114. Humidity or no humidity... that is just plain hot and you can't do anything outside. San Diego is in the low 70's and the weather and scenery are gorgeous. Last night after the funeral about 30 people (Family and friends) were at Tim's house for a dinner. After a time Tim went off by himself. Later he explained that although it has been wonderful to be surrounded by so many people that love him and are concerned for him, he is ready for things to settle down (translation= Hey everybody, I love you all, but I'm ready to get my house back and y'all can go home now). I guess there is such a thing as too much togetherness. It's clear Tim now needs some quieter time to process, to grieve and to get his affairs in order. Tami and I are never ones to overstay our welcome, so we altered our plans. At the recommendation of some family members, Tami and I decided to spend a few days in San Diego. It's only a 5 hour drive. I have never seen the Pacific Ocean and neither of us have ever seen the beauty of San Diego. It seemed like a fairly easy choice after Tim indicated he was ready for folks to start backing off. We will let you know how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment