Sunday, November 10, 2013

Deacon?

At church today I was approached by one of the Elders and was asked if I'd consider serving as a Deacon. Naturally I said I would, but I must confess this makes me nervous and even a little bit scared. This position carries a hefty load of responsibility. It's not that I can't handle responsibility. I can. It's just that serving in a position of authority in the church somehow seems different than other types of responsibilities.

There is an election process, but as you might guess there aren't many guys beating down the door to serve as church deacons. I will most likely be running unopposed. I'm kind of glad. I think the church would have looked strange with "Meyer for Deacon" campaign posters hanging everywhere. However, in all seriousness, if I am elected it will be a tremendous honor to serve.

Please pray for me as I possibly enter this new position at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment