Monday, November 18, 2013

Two Jobs

For most of my adult life I have worked two jobs. Not because I love working, but mostly out of the necessity of making ends meet. Many times I worked a night job in addition to teaching. Other times I worked a summer job. However, I can say with certainty I never worked two jobs when I was 16 years old. I can't say the same thing for Abby. I mentioned a few days ago Abby working at Perfect North Slopes. She now been offered a job in a daycare center as well. She goes to school with the son of the owner. The daycare job is for Thursday and Friday nights. The job at the ski slopes will be at other times.

Before you start calling children's services on me, please understand Abby is working these jobs of her own free will. We are not pushing her and definitely do not expect this of her. In fact, I cautioned her not to overdo it and to save some time for having a life outside of work and school. In the end though, this will be good for Abby. She is one who needs to stay busy. She doesn't do well when idle. She'll also be making some cold, hard cash which will be nice for all those social activities she wants to participate in.

No comments:

Post a Comment