Monday, November 4, 2013

The Learning Process

A while back I mentioned Tami's new side business. She buys old furniture and refurbishes it, repurposes it or up-cycles it. She has been working at it for a while, but has recently made some new discoveries in how to improve her product. She's definitely learning a lot! I'm talking about different techniques for various desired effects (weathering, distressing etc...), additives to the paint and different types of tools (brushes etc...).

I am so pumped about some of the projects she has in the works. I won't say what they are because I don't want to reveal information she is not ready to go public with. But I will say some of the things she is working on are very, very cool. I can't wait to post photos of the finished projects.

I have to laugh though. She has completely hijacked one whole side of our two-car garage. In fact, we don't even call her area the garage anymore... it's her studio. Gee whiz! I never thought I'd be married to an artist! You should see it! It's plum full of old pieces of furniture, work lights, dozens of paint cans, brushes, containers of every shape and size, sand paper and anything else you could imagine. You'd never guess her car used to occupy that space :-)

I will repeat my previous offer. If you have an old piece of furniture you'd like to breathe new life into, consider having Tami create something new out of something previously meant for the trash heap.

No comments:

Post a Comment