Tuesday, April 15, 2014

It is spring, right?

I'm sure it has happened in my lifetime, but I can't really recall the last time it snowed as late as April 15th. On Sunday it was 80° and this morning I woke to an inch of snow. Tonight the National Weather Service has issued a "Hard Freeze" warning. I don't really know what that is, but it sure sounds worse than your run-of-the-mill frost warning.

I know the snow will have already melted by the time you read this, but the fact remains... we are two weeks from May and it SNOWED! The only thing that makes all this bearable is the promise of warmer weather in a few days. Things are different when you're staring down the barrel of cold weather for months on end.

Happy Spring, everyone... I think.

I've heard of frost on the pumpkin, but never snow on the Easter eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment