Sunday, April 13, 2014

Who's on first?

Sometimes I yearn for the old days. I know I'm only 47, but I believe that's old enough to remember things from "back in the day". A couple of the things I yearn for are good television and good comedy. What I mean by "good" is clean. Comedians and television shows nowadays are filled with sex, potty humor and filthy language. None of those things are funny. Think back to people or television shows that made you laugh so hard your sides hurt. If you're like me, you think of people like Red Skelton, Tim Conway or Bill Cosby. You may think of shows like The Andy Griffith Show (Barney Fife, anyone?), I Love Lucy or The Carol Burnett Show. Totally hilarious and not a hint of sex or cursing. Just good, clean fun! If you want to go a little further back, you may think of Abbott and Costello. Who could ever forget their timeless baseball classic, "Who's on first?". You remember the routine, right? Who's on first, what's on second and I don't know is on third. The concept was simple, clean and utterly hysterical.

The photo below brought to mind the famous comedy routine:

No comments:

Post a Comment