Saturday, April 5, 2014

More than just the weather

Yesterday when we left Charleston it was 85 degrees and sunny. This morning in Lawrenceburg, Indiana it's, how should I say it? Oh yeah, it's cold! I'm not not going to blather on about the joys of warm weather versus the bone-chilling cold. You may think it will be a common thread throughout all my posts, but it won't. I will say this and then put the issue to bed. The weather on vacation was splendid and we enjoyed it to the fullest. The weather at home stinks. Period.

On another note, I've decided to post photos and details of our vacation in small doses. I don't care how good or interesting something posted on the internet is... if it's lengthy, the reader quickly becomes bored and will not view the post in its entirety. That's human nature and it especially holds true for looking at someone else's vacation photos. Admit it... you've looked at other people's vacation photos to be polite, but in reality you'd rather be spared the details. It's okay, you can admit it. I've done it myself.

Today I will say this. We have sailed on 5 different cruise ships. The first four were relatively new and very large. This time we sailed on the Carnival Fantasy... the oldest and smallest ship in the whole fleet. The newer, larger ships are fancier and have more amenities. However, this smaller ship was fancy enough in its own right and we lacked for nothing (except a hair dryer and refrigerator in the cabin... minor things). I'm not sure where Tami falls on this issue, but I think I prefer the older, smaller ship. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I just liked it better. Maybe it's because I'm a simple guy and this type of ship catered to my simplicity.


No comments:

Post a Comment