Thursday, April 17, 2014

You can call me Vincent

When you think of Vincent Van Gogh, what comes to mind? Perhaps the painting The Starry Night? Maybe the painting Vase with twelve sunflowers? How about the fact he chopped off his own ear? That's the one that comes to mind for me! Why am I telling you to call ME Vincent? Because I nearly chopped off my own ear this morning. Okay, maybe chopped off is a bit of an exaggeration, but I sliced it really good as I was shaving. I got in a hurry and made a hasty swipe with my razor. I now have 3 distinct slices in my earlobe (because I use a razor with a triple blade). I bled like a stuck hog for more than an hour. I drove to work with a tissue squeezed against my ear and it was still bleeding when I got there. I must have looked fairly ridiculous driving while applying direct pressure to my blood-gushing ear. It did eventually stop, but I spent the majority of my day answering the following question: "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR EAR?" My answer was simple. I did something stupid and cut myself shaving. My students have to call me Mr. Van Gogh, but you can call me Vincent.

No comments:

Post a Comment