Monday, April 21, 2014

The Joy of Easter

There are few things that make me happier than being with my family. Yesterday morning Michael came to church with us for Easter Sunday (he recently started attending a church closer to school, so we don't see him as much as we used to). Then in the afternoon we went to Jessi and Barry's for Easter dinner. I was in heaven as I held my grandson while watching Sveta and the older kids hunt for Easter eggs. I'm not bragging or anything, but Sveta found the most eggs (or in her own words, "more than a dozen"). We had a delicious dinner and scrumptious dessert. I won't mention any names, but somebody snuck a few tastes of whipped cream to Elliott. By the way he smacked his lips, I'd say it was a nice change from pureed sweet potatoes and green beans.

It was the perfect Easter! The weather was as beautiful as ever. I got to see all my kids and grandchildren and most importantly got to rejoice in the resurrection of my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment