Sunday, April 27, 2014

This is it!

Well, folks... this is it! On Wednesday my 6th grade students take the OAA. The two hour, state standardized test that supposedly shows if I'm an effective teacher or not. The results of my many months of blood, sweat and tears will be demonstrated by a group of pre-teens who would rather be doing anything than taking this test. Everything I've done this year becomes inconsequential if my students decide the test is not worth their effort. I try to not let this bother me, but of all my hard work and the many things I do on a daily basis mean nothing if 80% of my students do not receive a passing grade on the test. That hardly seems fair, but I've been around long enough to know life isn't supposed to be fair. It's time to just suck it up and take it like a man (and pray that my students do their best on the test).

No comments:

Post a Comment