Thursday, May 15, 2014

Good Friends!

I've had a rough couple of days. I was informed (and given very little notice) that I would be out of my classroom attending professional development meetings for two days this week. For a teacher, this is a nightmare scenario. It's a lot of extra work preparing for a substitute teacher and there are always messes to clean up upon return to the classroom. Thankfully the messes awaiting me tomorrow are quite minimal because of the help of some very good friends. My teaching partners Michelle and Louise went above and beyond to help me during this difficult time. I am so grateful to work with such wonderful people. These ladies are incredible colleagues.

I've always said the staff at my school is much more like a family than a group of colleagues. That point has never been more evident than it was yesterday and today. Thank you, ladies, for making it as painless as possible to leave my classroom for two days. I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment