Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Rain and Sun

On this rainy night, I'm dreaming of the sun. While dreaming of the sun, I remembered something that had an impact on me during our last cruise.

On previous cruises we always wanted to get up and watch the sunrise, but for one reason or another always missed it. During this past cruise we were determined to see a sunrise... and we did. I can tell you watching the sun rise over the ocean was nothing short of breathtaking. I was not surprised at the splendor of the event, but must admit I was quite surprised at how quickly the sun cleared the horizon. In fact, it appeared to jump right out of the water. I think the reason I was so surprised is because the view of the sunrise around here is obstructed by buildings and trees. We never actually see the moment the sun peeks above the horizon. All my life I thought the sun rose very slowly. Boy, was I wrong. On the water, there is nothing but miles and miles of ocean expanse and a clear view of the horizon. The sun rises at a rapid rate and you really could miss it if you are not paying attention. I am so happy we got to see the sunrise over the blue waters of the Atlantic. It was well worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Sunrise or sunset, these are always beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete