Friday, May 23, 2014

Welcome back, Mr. Murphy!

Murphy's Law states that if anything CAN go wrong... it will. After a brief absence, Mr. Murphy paid me a visit last night.

After hooking up the pool pump and all the hoses, I began to top off the water level to get the pool ready for its opening day this season. As the water level rose, I noticed a huge problem. One of the hoses was leaking badly. Actually leaking is a bit of an understatement. I think a more accurate description would be GUSHING! At first I thought I had forgotten to tighten something (or at the very least didn't tighten something enough). A quick check revealed that everything seemed to be assembled properly. At this point I have no idea why this gusher of a leak is happening, but I will be taking a trip to the pool supply store to see if I can get some answers. This problem is truly maddening. I have connected the plumbing for the pool for eight years and never had an issue. This year I did everything EXACTLY the same way and WHAMMO... big leak!

Welcome back, Mr. Murphy. I've been expecting you!

No comments:

Post a Comment