Saturday, May 31, 2014

Shingle Shuffler

I learned something today. A roofer I ain't! I helped a group of men put a new roof on the church today, but my contribution was minimal. I started the day as a go-fer. Go-fer a hammer. Go-fer some nails. Go-fer some shingles. Later in the day I was promoted to "Shingle Shuffler". It may sound like an important job, but it really wasn't. A shingle shuffler carries packs of shingles up the ladder and onto the roof. Once the shingles are on the roof, the shuffler opens the pack and distributes the individual shingles to the guys nailing them into place.

Although I don't consider my contribution significant, I am happy to report the job is done. It was a beautiful day to work outside and the Lord's House is now protected from the elements for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment