Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The countdown continues

This time of year, teachers need to get mighty creative to get students through the last couple weeks of school. Short of standing on my head or dancing a jig, I am willing to do almost anything to keep these kids entertained and in line.

One little trick I use is making up a little poem each day as the days countdown toward summer. Yesterday I said, "9 was fine but 8 is great!". Today I will say, "8 was great, but 7 is heaven!". You get the idea. It's quite simplistic and even a little silly, but the kids seem to enjoy it. As the days dwindle the kids kind of look forward to what the next day's poem will bring. I know you all are just dying to know what the remaining poems are. You are curious, right?

7 was heaven, but with 6 we'll get our kicks!
We liked our 6 kicks, but with five we feel more alive!
We liked five alive, but we love 4 so much more!
We loved 4, but 3 will fill us with glee!
3 filled us with glee, but 2 makes us scream YAHOO!
2's yahoo was not what we anticipated, but 1 is the number we've long awaited.

Today's the last day and you leave me smarter, not dumber
Your elementary days are now finished... I am now happy to say,"Have a nice SUMMER!"

No comments:

Post a Comment