Friday, March 16, 2012

The Adventure Begins

Last night before dropping Abby off, we prayed as a family. I know these prayers are already being answered...

Michael left for Florida this morning at 3:00 A.M. I barely slept from then until the time I got up to get ready for work.

At 6:30 A.M. I received a series of text messages. Here's the gist: The messages said they were running a little behind because "both windshield wipers broke". I'm not exactly sure what they meant by "broke". They stopped at a Wal-Mart to get replacement wiper blades. I questioned if the blades were fixed yet because I knew Michael had never performed this task before. Apparently a cart guy helped install them. Thank you, Lord for having that cart guy there to help. Michael's biggest concern was not the lost travel time or needing help. No... his biggest concern was that I wouldn't be happy that he used my money to pay for the wiper blades. I assured him I was not upset and was quite proud that he solved the little problem on his own (or at least knew enough to request assistance from someone). This little hiccup was probably a good thing... Michael got a chance to practice his problem solving skills. Hopefully that's the last of the travel difficulties.

I called around 7 and they said they were getting close to Tennessee. At 9 they called me and said all is well and they are working their way toward Georgia. I have been praying all morning and will continue until they arrive safely.

Abby texted shortly before 7 and said they just left. I'm praying for them too.

Once everybody is safely in the Sunshine State, I will breathe a sigh of relief and then the relaxation can begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment