Friday, March 30, 2012

Tough to describe...

I don't think it would be appropriate to describe last night's banquet as a "nice time". I mean, we were with some dear members of our church family and enjoyed a delicious meal with them. We enjoyed each other's company and I am glad we went. But if the focus of the evening was abortion, describing the evening as nice, just doesn't seem right. We heard some very difficult things and I was shocked at some of the statistics. I was also surprised to hear that Cincinnati is a hub, or ground zero for anti-abortion activity. We also heard success stories and some indications that the pro-life movement is making good progress. Obviously this was a fund raiser. Pregnancy Care Center of Cincinnati only has one of these per year and it was good to see over 500 people in the banquet hall. I was struck by the hush that fell over the room when it was time to get the checkbooks out. I have no idea how much money was raised. I only pray it is enough for the PCC to continue work in this noble cause. I was also encouraged to hear 100% of the donations go toward the work of the organization. I felt comfortable making a donation to the cause.

One little guy stole our hearts. I guess you could call him the poster child. His face was on the invitation and he had a starring role in the video shown at the banquet. Little Nathaniel was almost a victim to his Mother's choice to abort her pregnancy. Thanks to the work of PCC, Nathaniel's mother decided to carry him to term, deliver him and keep him. He is a happy, healthy, precious little angel... who almost wasn't. Life is definitely a beautiful choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment