Monday, March 5, 2012

Tornado Relief Drive

The last few days I've spent quite a bit of time posting about the tornadoes that tore through here on Friday evening. This morning I received a call from a member of the Board of Education asking if the St. Bernard Elementary Student Council (I am the supervisor of this student group at my school) would conduct a Tornado Relief Drive. I jumped at the chance. Anything to help out our fellow man.

I am not posting this to say, "Hey, look what a good thing I'm doing!". I'm posting this to let you know it is happening and to give you the chance to make a donation if you wish. If you'd like to give, get the stuff to me before next Tuesday or let me know and I can pick it up.

On a personal note--- My brother-in-law, Dale Randall, works with a gal who lost family members in Chelsea, Indiana. Their story was in the Cincinnati Enquirer today. Here's the link: http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120305/NEWS/303050160

Here is the flyer I sent home with all 300 students in my school:

The Student Councils of St. Bernard Elementary and Elmwood Place Elementary are co-sponsoring a food/clothing/item drive to benefit the families affected by the tornadoes this past Friday. Items collected will be delivered directly to areas hardest hit by the storms. We will be collecting donations until the morning of Tuesday, March 13th. Suggested items for donation include:

Leather work gloves
Shovels
Rakes
Thermos Bottles
Flashlights/Batteries
Coffee Pots
Antibiotic Cream
Band-Aids
First aid kits
Soap
Body Wash
Bottled Hand Soap/Sanitizer
Deodorant
Feminine Products
Shampoo/Conditioner
Shaving Cream/Razors
Toothbrushes/Toothpaste
Bath Towels/Washcloths
Baby Formula/Baby Food
Diapers (all sizes)
Baby Blankets
Baby Bottles/Nipples
Toilet Paper
Disposable Cups
Cleaning Supplies (bleach, spray cleaners, wipes)
Mops/Brooms/Buckets
Laundry Detergent
Plastic Cutlery
Paper Goods (plates, napkins, towels, bowls)
Disposable Gloves (rubber or latex)
Trash Bags (all sizes)
Pet Food
Plastic Containers
Blankets
Gift Cards
Bottled Water
Non-Perishable Food Items

No comments:

Post a Comment