Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wacky Wednesday!

Today is Wednesday and I am in a really good mood. I don't just mean I'm feeling good. I mean I feel kind of punchy, and even bordering on giddy. Why? I have no idea. I mean it's Wednesday for goodness sake! It's not as if this is the Friday before spring break or the last day of school before summer vacation. It's just plain old Wednesday.

The human mind is a strange thing. Why do I feel soooooo good today? No, I haven't been drinking :-) It could be the weather today is sunny and nearly 80 degrees. Did I magically teleport to Florida overnight? Nope. No palm trees visible outside my classroom window. But spring is definitely on its way to springing and that's always a good thing. Could it be I have been under tremendous stress and today has seen a reduced level of stress (at least temporarily)? Maybe. Could it be the kids only have a few more days until their big spring break trip to Florida to visit relatives? Possibly. I'm always happy for the kids when they get a vacation from their daily grind at school. Is it that Abby's show is over and I get to go home after work instead waiting at her school for an hour? Might be. The truth is, it's probably a combination of all of these. But on a more serious note, I honestly believe it's because of prayer and reading God's Word. I've been praying for my situation at school and Tami has too. I've been reading my Bible daily and getting a lot of encouragement through Scripture. God has brought His people through much worse things than what I'm going through. Relatively speaking, a stressful job or waiting an hour for your daughter to finish rehearsing for her play pales in comparison to losing a family member, having a whole town destroyed by a tornado, or seeing the many tragic things in the news daily. The bottom line is I am blessed beyond belief. I have a wonderful wife, three awesome kids, a granddaughter who lights up my life, an amazing church family, a very nice home and healthy friends and family as far as my eye can see. I have absolutely no reason to complain. I was counting my blessings today and had to stop because I can't count that high. Am I in a good mood today? You bet! If Wednesday is this good, I can't wait until Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment