Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring Cleaning in High Gear



Our church had a work day today. Volunteers weeded and mulched the flower beds, trimmed bushes and trees, mowed the lawn, and completed all sorts of other tasks to spruce up the exterior of the church. The Pastor wielded a chain saw and felled a large tree that was in dire need of removal. Many of the youth helped load it into a truck as it was chopped up. I was on weeding and mulching detail. When we were finished the whole church yard looked spectacular! I admit I grumbled when the alarm went off at 7 A.M. on a Saturday morning, but once I got up and moving it felt good to help out. It was indeed a pleasure to serve The Lord.

Closer to home, the spring clean up has begun too. I am on spring break next week and I have already begun the process of removing debris that has accumulated over the winter and have done most of the weeding. This process will go on for the next few days and hopefully I will mulch my own flower beds on Wednesday. Then I will do various other things to get the exterior of the house and the pool area ready for the warm weather. The difference between this and the church is I am doing all of this alone. There's no army of volunteers to help. It's okay though, I really enjoy working in my yard and getting it fixed up for spring and summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment