Monday, September 10, 2012

God's Car!

I hopped in my car this morning in a not-so-chipper mood. Monday mornings... UGH! I started the car and was greeted by a glaring light on my dashboard. The dreaded check engine light! Oh no!

My mechanic is just a few blocks from school, so I went ahead and drove to St. Bernard. I prayed the car all the way down I-74 and then on to the auto repair shop. I just told the Lord I knew He was in control and I was trusting in Him. The car ran great! I dropped the car off and walked to work. Trying to remind myself of Matthew 6:27. (being anxious will not add one hour to your life)

A few hours later I received really good news. The oil level was low. The mechanic said it is really unusual for a low oil level to trigger that warning light, but it did. He said he was going to change the oil and that should take care of everything. PHEW! I was planning on getting the oil changed soon anyway.

Cash is in short supply right now. The economy is taking a bite out of everything. I was worried about a big repair bill, but I worried for nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, prayer works. This morning God was driving His Honda Civic and everything turned out great :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment