Monday, September 17, 2012

Southern Baptist?

Michael is almost 19. As much as he is growing into an adult, he sometimes says things that quickly remind me he is still a kid.

A few months ago Michael began hanging out with some friends at the youth group functions of Harrison Baptist Church. We don't attend Harrison Baptist, but had no problem with Michael socializing with other Christians. Being curious about the church I asked him one day if Harrison Baptist was a Southern Baptist Church. I was trying to determine if it was Southern Baptist, Reformed Baptist or some other branch of the the church. Instead of hearing one of those, Michael responded to my question as follows:

Me: "Michael, is Harrison Baptist a Southern Baptist church?"

Michael: (Pause)- "I don't think so... the Pastor is from Pittsburgh".

We really howled at that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment