Friday, September 7, 2012

Withdrawal Symptoms

My name is Mick Meyer and I am an addict. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Now, before you all start freaking out, you need to know I'm speaking in jest. I'm not a druggie or alcoholic. I'm addicted to my granddaughter. I can't get enough of seeing her, talking to her or just plain looking at her. I am just completely nutso crazy over her. I found myself thinking about her more than normal lately and I didn't know why. I finally realized I haven't seen her in two weeks and I am experiencing something similar to withdrawal symptoms. Again, I am speaking in jest, but I do really miss that sweet little girl. I am totally surprised this precious little bundle of energy has had such an effect on me. I knew I would love her and I knew being a grandparent would be fun, but was totally unprepared to be completely captivated by her. All she has to do is look at me or say, "Hi Goppa" and I turn to complete mush. I am powerless against it. I may as well accept it. It really is true... once an addict, always an addict.





No comments:

Post a Comment