Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Heavenly Treat

It was a special morning. There was a full lunar eclipse visible from 5:30 AM until the time the sun rose and the moon set. The skies were clear and the eclipse was completely visible for nearly two hours. I showed it to Abby when she woke up and we stood for a few moments marveling at God's beautiful creation. We agreed it is difficult to understand how someone could witness a heavenly event like that and have even a shred of doubt about God's existence. I then drove to work watching the celestial performance. In fact, I probably spent more time looking heavenward than I did watching the road. As I pulled into my school parking lot, the eclipse was directly over the silhouette of the church just a short distance away. It looked like the moon was resting on the cross on top of the steeple... it was truly a breathtaking sight! I stepped out of my car and stood in awe for a few moments and grudgingly pulled my eyes back to earth on the task at hand... time to go to work!

The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
Psalm 19:1

And God said, "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years.
Genesis 1:14

Since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
Romans 1:19-20

This is what the LORD says, he who appoints the sun to shine by day, who decrees the moon and stars to shine by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar-- the LORD Almighty is his name.
Jeremiah 31:35

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained.
Psalm 8:3

Soli'Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment