Friday, October 10, 2014

Bachelor!

I am living the single life this weekend. Tami and Abby traveled to Martinsville, Virginia yesterday to visit with Tami's relatives on her mother's side. Tami has an uncle who has been battling Parkinson's disease for years and is in very poor health. She wanted to visit with him one more time because it seems he won't be around much longer. My girls will return home sometime Sunday night.

While my family is gone, I have the whole house to myself and I am going to be living the bachelor life. I will be doing some wild and crazy things such as cleaning the house, doing yard work and cleaning out the garage. I may even get a wild hair and pick up a sack of (gasp!) White Castles. Talk about getting nuts!

I've decided that being a bachelor is kind of nice, but only in the extreme short term. I miss my family already and the house was too quiet last night (even for my liking). I will enjoy the opportunity to get some household chores done, but I've learned being alone is going to get old mighty fast.

I'm glad the girls got a chance to take this little trip, but I sure will be happy to see them when they get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment