Thursday, October 2, 2014

FAIR!

I am so excited I can hardly concentrate at work. Tonight we take the grandkids to the Aurora Farmers Fair. This may not sound like a big deal to you, but watching your grandchildren ride rides or actually riding rides with them is a real thrill. There's nothing quite like the pure joy the kids experience as they twist, turn, spin or drop in dizzying delight. Sveta and I have made a tradition of riding the ferris wheel together. I honestly don't know who enjoys it more. I'm pretty sure it's me... I could watch her next to me on the ferris wheel for hours. I love when she squeals as the car goes zipping over the top. We're not quite sure what to expect for Elliott's first trip to the fair. His reaction to riding the kiddy rides could range anywhere from pure heaven to sheer terror. I predict it will be somewhere in the middle. Maybe something resembling indifference or a cautious curiosity. If we could read his mind this evening he would probably be thinking, "Why in the world did you put me in this little car and why is it going slowly in a circle?". Or he may possibly be thinking, "When can I get a snack? I distinctly remember Grandma and Goppa mentioning something about snacks". That's another fun thing about the fair. Grandma and Goppa get to fill the kids full of junk (elephant ears, son-cones, funnel cakes etc...) and then send them home to their parents. What could be any better? I'm sure we'll also give Sveta her yearly lesson on gambling as we play the mouse game. We will plunk quarters on a colored board as we try to predict which hole the mouse will run down. I'm sure you remember last year's story. Sveta became increasingly agitated as we watched the carny sweep quarter after quarter into his apron as we continued to guess the wrong color. Sveta (in exasperation) proclaimed, "I HATE THIS GAME!" Later after a few more tries we finally guessed correctly and won a prize. Sveta's response was, "I LOVE THIS GAME!". Lots of fun is close at hand.

I. CANNOT. WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment