Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Judge and Popcorn

We went to see a movie yesterday. "The Judge", starring Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall was very good. It's not often we go to the movie theater, because there usually isn't anything worth seeing that I would spend my money on. However, this movie was worth it. I won't call it the greatest movie I've ever seen, but I got my money's worth where my entertainment dollar is concerned. I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.

One thing about movie theaters... the general public is a pain in the neck! The crowd at this particular movie was mostly older folks, so the behavior was generally good. The problem is popcorn, or more specifically the paper bags the popcorn now comes in. I found it difficult to hear some of the dialogue because people are noisily digging into paper bags for popcorn. It amazes me how some people don't seem to think that noise travels. News Flash! I can hear every crinkle and pop of that bag as you stuff your grubby mitts into a bag that was not designed for quiet. Dump the popcorn into your hand or at least exercise some sort of restraint when retrieving your buttery snack. I'm not asking for silence... just some consideration for other people in the theater. I don't think I am asking for too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment