Sunday, October 5, 2014

Dating

I always taught my daughters... if a guy doesn't treat you like a queen, dump him. I always taught Michael to respect women and to treat any woman he was with like a queen. If he didn't, he would have to deal with ME. These rules are non-negotiable. I take dating very, very seriously. I think dating should be reserved for helping a person find a mate. Dating is not some hobby for teenagers. It is pointless for kids to "go out" with someone if they are not working toward a serious relationship (i.e. marriage). This is probably not a very popular view, but one I feel strongly about. If boys and girls want to hang out together, I have no problem with that. It should be done in groups. Nothing says a boy and girl need to be out alone. That really only invites trouble. I say to the kids... hang out in groups, have a good time, knock yourselves out. Be silly with one another until your heart's content. But don't dabble in something that could get you into trouble. Many problems ARE avoidable if things are done the right way. The old days were when courting was the proper way to woo someone. I know this is looked upon as old fashioned and antiquated, but sometimes the old ways were better.

No comments:

Post a Comment