Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Disaster Averted

Without going into too much detail, I need to tell you I almost bought the farm this morning. If not me, at least my car almost bit the dust.

I was driving this morning in some light rain. It was nothing to be concerned about, or so I thought. As I approached a curve I saw a car had skidded off the side of the road. I LIGHTLY hit my brakes and immediately went into a severe skid. I was shocked because the road wasn't that wet. I really believe there was oil or something on the road because this was no ordinary skid. It felt exactly like ice. But with temperatures in the 60's, I knew it couldn't be. I cut my wheel in an attempt to avoid the car in front of me. To no avail... I was skidding at a high rate of speed directly toward the broadside of the other car. Completely out of control I prepared for impact. When I was within 5 or 6 feet of the car, something grabbed hold and my car turned sharply as I narrowly avoided a high speed crash. The harrowing experience didn't end there however. Because my wheels were turned sharply, I shot across the road into the grass, mud and rocks (which were on a bit of an incline). At this point I felt there was the serious possibility the car was going to flip. Thankfully that didn't happen. Miraculously I was able to steer back onto the road and continue on my way. I tell you ladies and gentlemen, it scared the daylights out of me, but in the end there wasn't a scratch on me or my car.

There is only one explanation for my well being tonight. It is by God's grace that I escaped any harm to myself or my car. I type this post tonight because God chose to protect me. I was not rescued by superior driving skills or even blind luck. I was spared simply because God saw fit to see me through this terrifying ordeal.

To God alone be the glory, honor and praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment