Thursday, February 25, 2016

How to be a gentleman- Part 1

As promised, I am going to start my series of posts on "How to be a gentleman". As I stated before, some of these are my own ideas and others I have shamelessly lifted from internet sources (please don't call the plagiarism police). The topics covered will vary. Some will be faith based. Some will be honor/chivalry based. Some will focus on love and romance. Others may be viewed more as marital tips rather than advice on how to be a gentleman. I hope you find these helpful as well as entertaining. Each post will only contain a handful of tips in order to avoid monotony.

***DISCLAIMER***
Many of these tips can be filed under "Do as I say, not as I do". Some of these things I do very well, while others need tremendous improvement on my part.

How to be a gentleman- Part 1

Be the spiritual leader of the home. There is no higher calling for a husband or father, than to make Christ the center of your home. You are the king of the castle... act like it.

Pray at mealtime. Don't just do this at home, but at restaurants as well. It may feel strange at first, but you'll get used to it. The Lord has provided food for you and your family. Be thankful and acknowledge God's provision.

Take your family to Church. As the spiritual leader, it is your responsibility to see that this happens. Full disclosure- Sometimes I feel like sleeping in on Sundays, but I never regret going to church. Make it a habit.

Stay faithful. There is nothing worse than a cheating husband. Only have eyes for your wife. Do not flirt with other women. Even if you think it is only innocent, good, clean fun. There is no such thing. Flirt with your wife even after you're married. She may not say so, but she still likes it when you flirt with her.

Admit when you're wrong. Don't be afraid to say, "I'm sorry". This is a biggie fellas. You can sometimes be an insensitive lout. Apologize and admit wrongdoing. It goes a long way!

Many more tips later. Trust me. They won't all be this heavy. I needed to cover some of the really serious stuff first. Priorities, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment