Sunday, February 28, 2016

How to be a gentleman- Part 3

And the list continues…

Don’t lie to her. Ever! If she asks for your opinion on a new dish she cooked, be honest. If you tell her everything she makes is the best thing you’ve ever tasted, your opinion is worthless. She wants an honest opinion so she can improve something if it’s not to your liking. Lying in any situation will cause nothing but trouble. It may delay the inevitable problems you tried to cover up, but trust me fellas, she WILL find out the truth. I don’t know how women do it, but they always KNOW. Avoid the complications and tell the truth. Of course there are exceptions to these rules. For example, one time when putting away laundry, I accidentally put a pair of Abby’s underwear in Tami’s drawer. Some time later Tami held them up and asked me if it looked like her mom sized rear end would fit in Abby’s teen sized underwear. My answer? YES! Yes, it does. Sometimes telling the truth could get a guy killed!

Use your manners. ALWAYS! Even after nearly 25 years of marriage I still say please and thank you. I say, “Excuse me” if I burp. Just because you have been married for a long time doesn’t mean you can be a rude, inconsiderate lout. Be polite to everyone, but especially to women. Your behavior in the high school locker room is not the same behavior expected around a lady. Use. Your. Manners!

Say, “I love you”. It’s not enough that she already knows you love her. Tell her! Every day! Say it! Often! I always say I love you when hanging up from a phone call with her. I always say I love you when leaving to go anywhere. And I just say it at random times when she’s not expecting it. You can’t overdo it on this one. Remind her of all the reasons you fell in love with her and the reasons you love her even more today.

No comments:

Post a Comment