Saturday, February 13, 2016

I love my kids

I love my kids with every fiber of my being. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. However, I must confess I also enjoy going on dates with my wife when my kids aren't around. I've opined about the Empty Nest on this blog before. Some people say they struggle with the idea of life without their kids. As much as I love my kids, I look forward to the day when they move out and have lives of their own. I don't want that to sound selfish (and it's not). I want my kids to lead happy, healthy, productive adult lives. As a result I look forward to the new phase of my life that will result. The Empty Nest is still several years away, and I'm not trying to rush my kids out the door, but it's still fun to think about what my married life will be like when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment