Monday, February 13, 2012

BOING! Part 2




Anybody who has ever attempted a DIY project knows nothing ever goes as planned and nothing is ever as easy as you think it's going to be. The garage door spring repair was no different. First of all, I got a late start because of a meeting at work. That was not the way I wanted to start this project. Next I discovered I needed a part that I didn't have on hand. UGH! This so-called easy project was shaping up to be anything but easy. Without boring you with details, I had quite a few struggles installing the spring, but did manage to get it done. With installation complete, I tested my handy work. The door went down beautifully and promptly went back up. I thought I was finished, but it was not to be. I tested the door several more times with the same results. I did discover if I gave the door a slight downward push as it was lowering, it would stay down. This told me I need to adjust the tension, but I have no earthly idea how to do it. I am totally all thumbs when it comes to household repairs... but I try the best I can. I will probably do an internet search or make a few phone calls to learn how to adjust the tension, but I'm too tired tonight. I'll save the research for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment