Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day?

February 29th. Some view it as a novelty. Some spout facts they looked up on Google (i.e. Babies born on Feb. 29th are called Leaplings). Some go around wishing everyone a "Happy Leap Day!". I have no idea why. That's like me walking around wishing everyone a happy Wednesday. To me, February 29th is just another day. If anything, it lengthens the dreaded winter by a day. I guess I just don't understand all the hoopla. You can call me a Scrooge or a stick in the mud if you wish. That's okay. I just choose to not get worked up over something like "Leap Day". You'll probably see a similar post in about a month on April 1st. While I enjoy the promise of spring that comes in April, you won't hear me rattling on about April Fools Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment