Sunday, February 12, 2012

BOING!

Tami and I were suddenly awakened early Sunday morning to a loud metallic bang followed by a noise that sounded a lot like "BOING!". We got up to investigate, but found nothing amiss. We looked inside and outside and could find nothing out of place. We kind of shrugged our shoulders and chalked it up to just one of those weird things. We got cleaned up and prepared to head off to church. It was then I found the answer to the mystery noise. One of the large springs on the garage door had snapped. Those things are under tremendous strain and when they break... they REALLY break. CRACK POW BANG BOOM BOING!!!!!!

Thankfully this is not the first time this has happened and I've made this repair before. I even have a spare spring ready to install. Why do I have a spare garage door spring? It's because of a valuable lesson my father-in-law, Frank taught me many years ago. He has always said when you make a repair and have to buy a part, you should always buy a second one. That way you have a spare the next time this problem arises. And the problem WILL arise again. It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when. I am so glad I took Frank's advice. Now I don't have to run out for a new spring. I only need to find the time to make the repair. In the meantime, my car will sit in the driveway in the dead of winter. Brrrrrrr!!!!! This only causes me to appreciate my garage even more. You better believe I will have the garage door repaired as soon as possible. I do not like the thought of getting into a freezing car in the morning. I guess I've gotten spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment