Monday, February 27, 2012

The strange case of the pool

Since uncovering the pool, we have been monitoring the water level. It had been steadily dropping for several days, but then seemed to stop (or level off). I thought maybe it was my imagination and I started to pay even closer attention. Sure enough the water level maintained and the ground around the pool actually started to dry out and was not swampy or mushy. Hmmm... strange indeed. Now, I'm not foolish enough to believe the leak miraculously stopped. This simply told me the leak was in the liner along the pool wall and not the floor of the pool. Once the water level dropped below the breach in the liner, the water stopped leaking out of the pool. I considered getting into the pool and looking for the hole in the liner. There was only 12-14 inches of water remaining anyway. But after changing into shorts and removing my shoes I decided against the late winter wading session because my feet were freezing without even getting into the water. Yeah, I chickened out...

We're still waiting for the pool guys to call. In the meantime I am pumping what's left of the water out of the pool so it's ready for repair when they get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment