Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Water in/Water out

The saga of the pool may end much more quickly than I thought (but not the way I wanted it to). I have been running the hose into the pool for many hours over several days and the water level is not much higher than when I began. Translation... water is flowing out almost as fast as I can put it in. This indicates a total failure of the vinyl liner and tells me there is no way to repair it. We called our "Pool Guys" tonight and arranged to have a new liner installed next week. I didn't exactly want to spend the big bucks for a liner, but there is no alternative. Such is the life of being a pool owner. Pools are expensive and a lot of work to maintain, but are also a ton of fun. I guess "dems da breaks!". As I said before... this is the worst case scenario, but pool liners do not last forever. They do need to be replaced after a period of years. The picture below is my illustration of how I envision my pool right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment