Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Winter That Wasn't

As February draws to a close this week, I am thankful for "the winter that wasn't" nearing its end. I have made no secret of my disdain for winter and I'm thrilled with the virtual non-existance of snow this year. The regular doses of mild temperatures have made things a lot more bearable as well. March is almost here and it brings the hope of better things to come. We get to set our clocks ahead in a few weeks. The kids have spring break (mine is in April). There is potential for spring like weather. The Reds Opening Day is just around the corner. But do you know what I like best about March? It's not January or February. Somehow flipping the calendar to March just feels better. I know there is potential for winter weather in March, but no matter what comes, I know it will be short lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment