Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Sad Sight

When you compare the photos of our beautiful deck and pool a few years ago with the photo taken today... you can see why I've called this post a sad sight.

If you look closely you can see how much water has leaked out. Normally the water level is just below the white rectangle in the pool wall near the top of the photo. You can also see the large amount of debris that has blown into the pool. As a person who takes pride in keeping our pool very clean, this is hard to look at. However, I also know a new liner is coming. The pool will be refilled with clean water and re-covered until May when we open for another swimming season.

Please understand... this pool is not the be all and end all of my world. There are so many things in life more important. But because we spend our whole summer next to the pool and this is how we choose to spend our leisure time, it does have a level of importance to my family. And this year takes on another level of fun when Sveta will be splashing around. I can just picture her jumping off the deck into my waiting arms in the pool. Building memories with my granddaughter... that's why it's important to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment