Sunday, June 17, 2012

The BEST Fathers Day... EVER!

Happy Fathers Day to all you guys out there. I have always felt there is no greater honor than being a father. This becomes more and more evident with each passing year. This year I also became a grandpa and Fathers Day went to a completely new level.

Children are a blessing from the Lord and this is something I take very seriously...

Psalm 127:3-4 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them.

Proverbs 1:8, 17:6, 22:6- Hear, my son, your father's instruction and forsake not your mother's teaching. ---- Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers. ---- Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

3 John 1:4- I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

Fathers Day always brings a flood of mixed emotions for me. Joy, sadness, regret, gratitude etc... Joy because of my own three children and my new granddaughter. Sadness because I always think of my own dad on this day. I still miss him even though he's been gone for nearly 22 years. Regret because my dad never got to see me succeed in my professional and personal life. Regret because he never got to see Michael and Abby. He got to meet Jessi, but he was too sick to fully enjoy her. Gratitude because God has blessed me beyond measure with my family.

Speaking of my own family... I received today the only Fathers Day gift I wanted. All three of my children, my wife, my son-in-law and my granddaughter all together for a cookout and swimming party. The icing on the proverbial cake was having Terri and Dale and my in-laws here too. We had an absolute blast on the deck and in the pool. It was the best Fathers Day ever... bar none!

Finally, thank you to my heavenly Father. He has been loving, patient, gracious, merciful and kind. The perfect Father for a sinner like me.

Once again, Happy Fathers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment