Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Butterhead

In the post about Michael's graduation, I referred to him as the Butterhead. This nickname has absolutely nothing to do with butter or his actual head. Honestly, the name is a derivative of "Buddy". When he was tiny I declared he was my little buddy. Saying the word Buddy in baby talk often came out like boody or buddah. After hearing all these different sounding words that were in some way a form of Buddy, I finally landed on "buttah", which sounded a lot like the word butter to me. So it didn't take long for my little buddy to become the Butterhead. Most days we just refer to him as "The Butter". What time does The Butter work today? How was school today, Butter? Where's The Butter? Hey, Butter! Come over here for a minute. The Butter needs to take out the trash. Etc... Etc... Etc...

We love you, Butterhead!



No comments:

Post a Comment