Thursday, June 7, 2012

I lost my pants!

Get your minds out of the gutter, people. It's not what you think.

On the last day of school the teachers take the 3rd-6th graders to the community pool for a swimming party. It's a really nice way to end the school year and is an incentive the kids work for all the way up until the last day. We had a successful pool party today and we were dismissing the students to go home for the summer. Just as I was leaving a female teacher asked me to go into the boys locker room to check on a special needs kid. I walked in and found him standing in nothing but his underwear. I asked him if he was okay and he answered with words no teacher ever wants to hear. "No, I'm not okay. I lost my pants". Apparently he had changed into his swimming trunks and had not properly put away his street clothes. After a short search of the changing room, we located the pants in question. I could have handled, "I lost my towel" or "I lost my goggles". Hearing this boy say he lost his pants was the capper to a very challenging school year. This boy lost his pants. I nearly lost my sanity.



No comments:

Post a Comment