Friday, June 1, 2012

Major Thomas Griffin

The dinner party hosting Doolittle's Raider, Major Tom Griffin was a rousing success. I rushed home from my work commitment and shook the hand of the guest of honor just as he was leaving. We took the photo below and then he was out the door in less than 5 minutes. I heard the prime rib dinner was delicious and the men of the family reported the time with Major Griffin was amazing and incredible. More than his courage and adventurous stories, the people at the party were most struck by his humility. I knew the evening would be a memorable one... and it was. Imagine... a real war hero right here in my house. What a tremendous honor!


In the photo:

Seated in Center with cane, 95 year old war hero Major Thomas Griffin

Seated Right- Bill Barr- 89 years old- WWII veteran. Friend of Tami and me.

Standing in rear- The men of the family

No comments:

Post a Comment