Monday, June 18, 2012

It's not just fun and games

Some time back I stated the three month vacation for teachers is a myth. We don't get out until mid-June and we go back to school in early August. I have to go in to school and do some curriculum writing this summer and I also have some mandatory online course work to complete. Those thing cut into my summer vacation time. I have also decided to take on a part-time summer job (obviously this is my choice and I have no cause to complain about it cutting into my vacation time). I'm going to be doing some manual labor at the local distillery where my brother-in-law, Dale is a manager. He's the one getting me the job. Don't worry, I'll be working around liquor, but I won't be drinking it. So you see folks, summer vacation for teachers is very nice, but it's not all fun and games. Three months off? Not even close!

No comments:

Post a Comment