Sunday, June 3, 2012

Michael Graduated





Michael graduated today. We are all glad to have the ceremony behind us. The ceremony itself was fine, but the number of people they had crammed on the gym bleachers probably violated the fire code. To say we were packed in like sardines would be a tremendous understatement. You could not move. I have to give the school officials credit though. There were around 330 graduates and they moved the ceremony as quickly as they could. One hour and fifteen minutes was long, but not nearly as long as we were predicting. Tami and I estimated there were 2500 people in that gym counting the graduating seniors.The school really should look into a larger venue.

On bit of a different note... Today I was reminded that many people have no idea how to behave in public. The number of people who were talking and carrying on conversations during the ceremony was unbelievable. I also learned that a lot of people didn't feel the need to shower prior to the ceremony. C'mon people! Give us a break please! I have never liked crowds (and will do almost anything to avoid one). As I get older my dislike for crowds only gets stronger. However, sometimes crowds are unavoidable. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if people exhibited some common courtesy and reacquainted themselves with a bar of soap.

All in all it was a good day. Watching Michael accept his diploma was emotional for me. He's now officially a college student. Congratulations, Butterhead! (If you don't know about Michael's nickname, it will be a good topic for a future blog post)

I previously mentioned we had his party yesterday. After a long day and night Saturday and the commencement ceremony today... Tami and I were completely worn out. We came home Sunday evening and zonked out. I don't often take naps, but it sure felt good to take one today. Now I'm well rested and ready to face my last week of school.




No comments:

Post a Comment