Monday, June 4, 2012

A Nice Zebra




Tami and I were marveling at how much "Life" Sveta has experienced in her four months since arriving from Russia. She has been swimming. She's been to a ceramics shop. She's helped her mama cook. She's been fishing. She's stayed in a hotel. She's ridden a bike. She's eaten at many restaurants. She's been to the toy store. She's been tucked in every night. And I'm sure there are countless things I don't even know about. Recently she added a trip to the Cincinnati Zoo to her list of firsts since becoming a Morton.

Aside from seeing a gazillion animals, Sveta also got to ride the train and got her face painted like a zebra (see photo). I thought she looked a little scary, but I didn't tell her that. However some of the other kids feigned fear and she reassured them she was a NICE zebra. Sveta had a wonderful time at the zoo and was completely tuckered out by days end. What a thrill it was to see her looking with wonder at many of God's creatures.

The day was a bit rainy, but it didn't dampen anyone's spirits by any means. Personally, I've never cared for the zoo (not as a child or an adult). Honestly the smells kind of gross me out. But it didn't stop me from watching Sveta having a good time. I'm plum crazy about that little stinker.



No comments:

Post a Comment