Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bring on the ridicule!

I was right. I knew I would receive ridicule for admitting to being on Pinterest. My wife told me I'm probably the only guy on there. Although I disagree, I will tell you most of the participants are women.

I am not ashamed of it though. There are some really cool things on there. For example, there are some awesome recipes I want to try. I don't think Tami will be laughing when I serve up some tasty meals. I'm not a person who is generally into crafts, but there are some very clever ideas if I ever decide to do something "crafty". There are even some good ideas for ways to save money. One of my favorites is how to sharpen disposable razor blades. This could work for women's razors too. Have you priced disposable razor cartridges lately? They are ridiculously priced and it seems like you only use them a few times before you have to discard the old cartridge and replace it with a new one. Here's the solution! Watch the video above to learn how to sharpen disposable razor cartridges. Simply use an old pair of blue jeans as a stropping strap. Simply run the razor away from you along the denim and then turn the razor around and pull it toward you. Make sure you stroke the OPPOSITE direction you shave. About ten strokes in each direction is enough to do the trick. I sharpen my blades every time before I shave. Now instead of a cartridge lasting less than a week, it lasts several months. Tami bought me a 5 pack over a year ago and I haven't bought any more since. I also store my razor in a jar of rubbing alcohol. Pour enough alcohol in the jar to cover the head of the razor. This prevents microscopic bits of rust from forming on the blade. This further extends the life of the cartridge. It takes a little bit of effort, but it's worth it to save a few bucks in this terrible economy. 

Maybe the rest of you will laugh at me for being on Pinterest too. No worries here. I can take it. Be careful if you decide to check it out for yourself... it can be a bit addicting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment