Monday, November 26, 2012

O Tannenbaum!

O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum, how lovely are thy branches. This was the scene in the Meyer home tonight.

After Tami cooked a delicious dinner, Michael, Abby and Meredith decorated the Christmas tree. As stated in a previous post, I assembled the tree on Saturday (not the fun part). We listened to Christmas music as the tree began to take on its familiar Christmasy look. As I observed the decorated tree, it occurred to me there are a lot of memories on that tree. There are ornaments both my grandfathers made. There are ornaments I made as a child. There are ornaments all three of my kids made. There are ornaments from our first house in Finneytown. There are ornaments we've collected from family vacations over the years. To the casual eye, it would be a typical tree found in millions of American homes. A closer inspection would reveal a Microcosm of the Meyer Family.

Above all the family memories, the tree reflects what it is supposed to... The tree is placed in our living room in honor of the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. A baby born in the humblest of settings, sent to earth to save the souls of mankind. Alleluia!

What a great night it was!

Here's Michael and Abby putting on some ornaments.

When I was a kid we listened to Christmas records. Here's Meredith as our Christmas DJ from the 21st century. Ahhhh, Christmas music on the MacBook :-)


I've never seen the star placed on top quite like THIS---


While the kids decorated the tree, I got all "Crafty" with this idea from Pinterest. We used to put our Christmas cards in a basket. Now we display them like this---










No comments:

Post a Comment